Monday, May 05, 2003

today i usually teach several classes in an insurance company. when i got to the building, they were checking everyone's temperature and making everyone wear a mask. i of course had no mask, but they let me in this time but told me to get one. the whole mask thing is sort of ridiculous, because people would wear them as they entered take an escalator up to the elevators and take them off. so why wear them at all? my students told me they thought the whole thing was rather silly.

when i got to the office of the insurance company, i was told one of my classes was cancelled and that one of the students in that class has been quarantined. my first question was do i need to be quarantined? but apparently i do not as her co-workers don't need to be. basically it's a case of someone this student's mother knows, so unless my student gets sick it won't be neccesary for me to be quarantined. i knew it was only a matter of time until one of my students was quarantined, but still its a bit surprising.