Thursday, May 22, 2003

yesterday was a day of surprises. first i went to ait(american institute in taiwan - the fake u.s. consulate here since the u.s. doesn't have official ties to taiwan) to pick up my tax forms. despite there being a sign saying they had forms, when i got to the front of the line they were out. i wasn't happy. but i managed to download the forms on line which was a hassle in itself. the irs sure doesn't make anything simple. it's bad enough i have to file two forms just to prove i don't have to pay anything.

after ait i taught my classes. before my first class i get a call and they tell me my visa is ready! oh happy day! now the odd thing about all this is the government made me get an extension on my visa because they said there wasn't enough time to process all the paperwork for the new one. well, now it is ready, and my original visa has not yet expired. was the extension just so they could make a little extra cash off me? well, i'm just happy i've got it. so today the plan is to get my new alien resident card. then i'll be all set.

when i got home even more good news awaited me. my dvds had arrived! pretty quick too. so last night while everyone was busy with other things i commandeered the tv and watched a few episodes of captain scarlet.

(there seems to be some problems with pictures disappearing on my blog, the problem should be resolved in a few months, but until then they'll probably be off and on).