Saturday, January 29, 2005

yesterday i hurt my back. i'm not exactly sure how, all i know is it started hurting yesterday afternoon. it got so bad, that i could barely sit down. so i called peter and he came home to take me to the chinese doctor.

this is only the second time i've ever been to the chinese doctor. when we arrived they took my health card and as they were scanning it the power went out! so we had to wait for an hour while they they got that mess sorted out(for some reason they were reluctant to start the generators up - and they couldn't or wouldn't process paperwork without the computers).

then i went in and saw the doctor and then after that the masseuse. this time he used these glass suction things on me. i'm not sure what they are called, but they are to suck all the bad stuff out of your system. the ones on my legs didn't really leave much of a mark(they'll often leave brown or purple marks depending on how sick you are), but the ones on my back did. i guess my legs are ok, but my back is not. i can't say i feel all that much better yet. if i try to turn over or get up while laying down its extremely painful. i feel like mr. magoo hobbling around. if i sit in one place i seem to be ok though.

of course this couldn't have come at a worse time. i've had to cancel classes for today, and may have to do so on monday as well. there's 5 more days of classes next week, and then it's 7 working days with no class(and no pay). well, as long as my back is hurting so badly, i'm not able to splurge on cds and books.