Wednesday, November 08, 2006



today is my birthday. i'm 39, soon the 30s will be behind me. normally, peter and i would travel somewhere at this time of year. but since we've both started new jobs it's not really an option to take a quick trip anywhere. i'll probably spend my day working and then cd/dvd shopping. which of course isn't that much different than any other day. over the last couple of days some nice bday packages have arrived. one of my former students sent me shel silverstein's falling up! a book i'm really looking forward to thumbing through, my parents sent me another brownie hawkeye flash(you can never have too many brownie cameras after all), and my friend cat sent me a pop cam(it takes four pictures on a single frame, each picture a different colour) from archee mcphees. just call me william warhol from now on...