Thursday, April 08, 2004



a few days ago i got a call from eslite letting me know that the icon books i'd had them order for me had arrived. i'm starting to wonder if i'm going to become burned out on these sort of images, or if i'll continue to love them for years and years.

at first i sort of felt that the las vegas book didn't live up to my expectations, but on thumbing through it a few more times, i don't really feel that way anymore. the book is divided into sections: the strip, gambling, lounge acts, etc. there's even a picture of liberace standing next to the wax figure of himself.

the india bazaar book is pretty wonderful. lots of cool posters and advertisements and even some firework packaging. this surprised me, though i don't really know why. i guess i just associate fireworks more with china than india. india bazaar makes me crave this even more.

the hula book surprised me as there were a lot more topless hula dancers in it than i expected. that probably shouldn't surprise me, but it does.